The following arrangements have been made for the Issuance of Visa in reference to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Government of Nepal has decided to resume visa on-arrival to those who have taken full dose of vaccination at least 14 days prior to the arrival of Nepal. The followings provisions will be applicable to avail the visa-on-arrival:
1. The visitor shall submit the following documents in addition to the regular visa related documents:
- COVID-19 vaccination certificate showing full does of vaccination with the last does taken at least 14 days prior to arriving in Nepal,
- COVID-19 test report (RT-PCR, Gene Expert, True NAAT or WHO accredited test) showing negative result done within last 72 hours of boarding from the first airport or, if the traveler is entering through land boarder, taken within 72 hours of entry. This report will not required for the children below 5 years.
- Copy of the permit, if applicable, for mountaineering, trekking and other activity that will require permission.
- Confirmation of hotel booked in Nepal,
- A printed copy of the online form (International Traveler Online Arrival Form) filled by logging in to ccmc.gov.np.
2. All foreigners arriving in Nepal must make COVID-19 test at the immigration point in Nepal. If one is found COVID-19 positive, s/he shall go to any isolation center or hospital designated by the Ministry of Health and Population.
However, if such test facility is not available at the entry point the passenger must make COVID-19 test at any place near his/her hotel and remain isolated in the hotel till the test result comes negative.
3. Passport holder of those countries that are eligible for visa-on-arrival in Nepal can avail this facility. If your country is not listed for visa-on-arrival in Nepal, you must take prior visa to enter Nepal.
Travelers without full doze of vaccination.
Travelers without certificate of full doze vaccination are not eligible for visa-on-arrival. They must take visa from the Embassy to enter into Nepal. Such persons require to go for 10 days of hotel quarantine in Kathmandu to the designated hotels (please click here for the list of hotels). On the 10th day they have to test for COVID-19 in their own expenses and wait till the result. They can leave the hotel if the test result comes negative. Otherwise, if the test report comes posit they will be sent to the isolation center or hospital designated by the Ministry of Health and Population of the Government of Nepal.
However, diplomats and their family members, staffs working in UN agencies, International Organizations and International Non-Governmental Organizations in Nepal and their family members, who have not completed their vaccination can go for a quarantine of 10 days in a place recommended by the respective diplomatic mission or international organization if their COVID-19 test report at the entry point found negative.
If a person who has not completed full doze of vaccination before 14 days of arrival in Nepal wishes to apply for visa to the Embassy, he/she should:
- Submit a valid reason for not being vaccinated,
- Submit a health insurance that covers health expenses during his/her travel in Nepal.
- Submit a hotel booking in the designated hotel of at least 10 days for quarantine in Kathmandu (please click here for the list of hotels).
Person of Nepali Origin (NRN) and their family members and other Nepali
Persons living in or going for travelling or other purpose to the Foreign Countries or Persons of Nepali origin holding foreign passport has to fulfil the following requirements while returning/travelling to Nepal:
1. NRN and their family members (spouse and children) and foreigners married to a Nepali citizen and Nepali persons returning to Nepal should bring with them:
Certificates of COVID-14 full does of vaccination completed at least 14 days before their arrival.
COVID-19 test report (RT-PCR, Gene Expert, True NAAT or WHO accredited test) showing negative result done within last 72 hours of boarding from the first airport.
A printed copy of the online form (International Traveler Online Arrival Form) filled by logging in to ccmc.gov.np.
Such persons will be allowed to go to their destination if they are not found with any symptoms of COVID-19. If any COVID-19 symptom is found, they have to undergo compulsory antigen test and, if found positive, they will be sent to hospital or isolation center. The traveler has to bear the cost of test and isolation/hospitalization by him/herself.
2. NRN and their family members (spouse and children) and foreigners married to a Nepali citizen are eligible for visa-on-arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport Kathmandu. However, they may also take visa from the Embassy. If they want to apply to the Embassy they have to submit, in addition to the usually required documents, the following documents:
Any evidence of being person of Nepali Origin.
Certificates of COVID-14 full does of vaccination completed at least 14 days earlier.
3. Those who have not completed full doze of vaccination at least 14 days prior to their arrival:
A person that has not administered full doze of vaccination at least 14 days prior to arrival in Nepal needs to go compulsory COVID-19 test at the arrival point. If the test report comes negative he/she will be allowed to travel his/her destination, and if the test report comes positive he/she will be sent to isolation or hospital.
What are the regulations for the foreigners travelling to Nepal?
You must have PCR test certificate showing negative result results and taken not earlier than 72 hours before their boarding or the certificate of full dose of vaccination. This provision will not be application for the children below 5 years of age.
You must bear all the expenses of COVID-19 tests, hotel quarantine, hospitalization, remaining in isolation etc.
If any symptom of COVID-19 is found or suspected you must make COVID-19 test as soon as possible and remain in isolation if found positive.
Tourists can stay in hotel quarantine while other persons who are residing in Nepal can go to home quarantine provided they fulfil the requirements provided above.
The list of hotels to stay in quarantine can be found here
All persons traveling to Nepal must observe hygiene protocols approved by the Ministry of Health and Population of Nepal during their stay in Nepal
Ayan Holidays Pvt Ltd
October 18, 2021